Risk Management Policies
All Together Now Entertainment Inc. & All Together Now Corporation
Volunteer/staff screening and training
All ATN staff and volunteers must receive training in delivery of programming to ensure the maximum benefit to our clients and to eliminate or minimize any potential risks. All staff that come into contact with children, teacers, or other ATN clients are screened through interview and reference checks. ATN performers who come into contact with children also must pass a Vulnerable Services Sector police check.
All ATN programs are open to attendance by people of any ability or physical condition. Decisions about modifying participation or refraining from active participation in programs requiring physical activity will be the responsibility of caregivers, teacers, etc. as they know the individual children and their needs best.
Conflict of Interest
ATN staff and directors will declare any conflict of interest or recuse themselves in advance of making any decisions or enacting any policies which could be compromised by such conflicts of interest. If you are aware of a conflict of interest involving ATN staff please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With programs reacing 100,000 students per year, sometimes things go wrong — or not as right as they should. In an effort to continually improve, ATN encourages clients and partners to bring forward any complaints immediately so that ATN can rectify any mistakes and use the opportunity to improve our services. Complaints should be submitted via email at email@example.com..
Police Reference Checks
All ATN personnel that go into schools or come into contact with children must undergo a Vulnerable Services Sector police check.
Concussion Prevention and Management
No activities conducted by ATN should put any participant at risk for concussion. With over half a million children participating in our physical education programs, there has never been a report of any head injuries whatsoever. JiggiJump is designed for each participant to do in place at their own seat / place. This minimizes interaction between participants that could result in concussion. All ATN programs are conducted under the supervision of existing caregivers, teaching staff, etc. who have procedures already in place for dealing with injuries.
All ATN programs, group leaders, and performers receive training and quality assurance checks from the most senior levels of ATN leadership. ATN leadership randomly attend or videotape programs to assure quality is maintained after the initial training and screening.
Codes of Conduct and Ethical Responsibilities
Every ATN leader and performer must sign a contract in which they must adhere to a strict code of conduct while in or near an ATN program. This includes no swearing, smoking, or any other activity which could be seen as in any way detrimental to the young participants.
Health and Safety
Schools and theatres hosting ATN programs are responsible to provide a working environment that is safe for our performers and program leaders, and an environment that is safe for our program participants. Should ATN personnel encounter a stage or gymnasium that is not safe for our programs, they will not proceed with the presentation.
ATN conducts all its productions in accordance with accepted safety guidelines for the live performance industry. All performers, crew and associated personnel should familiarize themselves with these policies as outlined on the Ministry of Labour website here: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/pubs/liveperformance/gl_live_intro.php
In addition to familiarizing themselves with the referenced guidelines at the Ministry of Labour site (link above), all performers, crew and associated personal must follow these safety guidelines:
- Employees will ensure they are alert and aware at all times of any potential danger/health risk in a situation. Should there be a risk, they must stop and seek assistance immediately.
- Employees may refuse work in which they deem unsafe.
- At NO time will children under the age of 18 assist in loading or unloading a vehicle.
- At NO time will a vehicle reverse without a person in clear view guiding the person to back up safely. Person signaling will wear orange safety vest provide.
- Emergency contact information will be kept in the tech director’s binder at all times.
- Tech Director must carry a charged cell phone at all times in case 911 must be called.
- Tech Director must ensure the stage is clear of all non-essential personnel while any construction is on the stage or while a Genie is on stage.
- Safety meeting will be held at the beginning of each run
- Upon arrival at a venue, tech director shall learn the location of emergency exits and fire extinguishers as well as the procedure for a fire alarm.
- Tech director will have first aid kit with him/her
- Crew will follow the safety guidelines of each venue
- Crew will know the location of the emergency exits and fire extinguishers
- All loading and unloading crew will wear steel toe shoes, gloves, and safety vests.
- Tech Director will fill in an incident report any time there is an injury of cast or crew. If medical help is called at time of incident, tech director must contact the ATN administration office or senior ATN staff on site(if applicable) immediately. If only a first aid kit treatment is required, incident must be reported to the ATN administration office by end of day.
- Should the Tech Director be injured or fall ill, it will be the responsibility of the senior cast member to take on responsibilities mentioned above
- Tech Director will ensure stage floor and backstage areas are safe from trips and falls and have adequate lighting and request assistance from theatre staff if adjustments need to be made.
- Tech Director will ensure vehicle is loaded in a safe and secure manner.
Anti-Harassment / Anti-Discrimination
ATN complies with all provisions of the provincial Human Rights code and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. for any of its staff or performers. While keeping with these provisions, ATN may need to fill some dramatic roles with characters matching a certain description or gender. Also, ATN will attempt to present a diversity of races and genders in its programs. While we have never yet had an instance of harassment or discrimination connected with our programming, should you have any concerns in this regard, please contact us immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org