And other Great Interactive Online Jewish Programming!
We specialize in engaging, fun and spiritual experiences for young Jewish families. We have set programs like “YoFĒ: Year of Family Engagement” (click HERE for details) and many smaller, custom programs that we create to meet the needs of synagogues, schools and community organizations.
Have a look below for a taste of some of the programming we have been doing…
What do you get when you add decades of Jewish teaching, song leading, and family service leading with a career in television and children’s entertainment… oh, and a basement full of costumes…
puppets like “Bagel the Dog”…
lighting, green screens, graphics creation software and general silliness?
You get a personal, fresh, fun way to connect your congregants with programming of the highest quality, made just for the online experience.
What is included? We take care of all the planning, production, technical setup and provide you with a link for your families.
Where will it be seen? At your option, this can be an interactive session with your families on Zoom or it can be streamed live to your congregational Facebook page, or both.
Can we customize it for our shul? Absolutely! And your leadership can participate in the online experience and co-lead with us if you like.
How many people can you accommodate? Facebook live programming is unlimited. We can accommodate up to 100 families with Zoom interactive programming, or up to 500 families for a small additional fee, but we recommend much smaller groups for the best interactive experience.
What kinds of programs work best?
- Worship service ‘break outs’ for young children and their parents (typically about 45 minutes)
- Family havdalah programs
- Family worship services
- Religious school worship experiences
- Special concert events
Have your own wild ideas? Try us! How about a campfire sing-along with real live crackling fire? Can do! (Ok, completely not real. Just really good green screen technology. Nu? You want we should burn our house down?)
How much does it cost?
- Ok, we hate this part. Honestly, you really might not need someone with dozens of children’s recordings, two national television series, a Juno award in children’s music (Canadian equivalent of the Grammy), and all the bells and whistles. There are a lot of young people out there with a guitar, a smile, and a great heart that can do something wonderful for you for much less precious budget resources. Try your local Jewish camp or youth group and give them a try! No hard feelings. We have pretty limited time anyway. 🙂 But, if you really want what has been called “The very best interactive Jewish programming on the internet” (by David’s mother), we will happily let you help pay our mortgage.
- Regularly scheduled sessions (monthly or more frequent) begin at $300 USD / $400 CAD per session
- Special events and one-offs begin at $400 USD / $575 CAD
- Full scale interactive concerts with “The New Gershonites” begin at $1800 US / $2500 CAD. Usual format is an evening of music, storytelling and havdalah.
Who are we?
“That’s a lot of chutzpah! Who ARE you people anyway?!!!” So glad you asked…
David Gershon grew up as a camp song leader (OSRUI, SWIG). He loved to get people singing more than anything in the world so he found Judy and launchd a career in children’s music (all the other good adult song leader jobs were taken). David leads interactive family and children’s Jewish programming for Holy Blossom Temple in Toronto and occassionally other synagogues. His “day job” is as Chair of Education Arts Canada. Most of the programming offered on this page is led by David, but you may get lucky and have a cameo by Judy. Or you can book the whole family! It’s not nearly as cheesy as it sounds.
Judy Adelman Gershon, besides being half of Canadian sing-along-superstars “Judy & David”, is also the cantorial soloist and music director of Temple Emanu-El in Toronto and the founder and Artistic Director of The Toronto Jewish Chorus.
More about Judy & David Gershon here: http://judyanddavid.com
Jared Gershon has a recent Bachelors of Music degree from the prestigious Humber College and is already an accomplished producer, recording artist, band leader, and world-class percussionist. Jared was camp song leader for URJ Camp George.
More about Jared Gershon here: http://jaredgershon.com
Wow! You made it all the way down here? Then we should definitely talk!
905-763-0852 ext 102